Coffee bags is one of the more inventive ways to make coffee. This is one of the methods used in Europe in the 17th and 18th centuries.
You will need a coffee filter as well as some string. You will be creating a coffee bag, much like a tea bag, to use to make your coffee without a coffee maker.
- Start with your coffee filter. Create a pouch in your hand: fold up the sides to allow a spoonful or two of coffee grounds to rest in the middle.
- Hold the coffee filter flat in one hand, add the grounds to the center of it, and then pull up the edges of the filter to create a makeshift pouch. You will then need to tie the string around the edges of the coffee filter, holding the coffee within it.
- Boil water. Getting the water to a rolling boil is important before moving forward.
- Place the coffee bag into the cup, and slowly pour the water in.
- Allow the water to seep into the coffee bag. Wait for at least 5 minutes. The longer you wait, the stronger the coffee will be. Move the coffee bag around using the string to help this process.
- Discard the coffee bag. You can only use it one time to get the best results.
With this method, you will find it takes a bit of practice to get the grounds just right.
Latest posts by Nathan (see all)
- Cortado vs Latte: The Ultimate Guide for 2023 - March 7, 2023
- 9 Best Coffee Canisters for 2023 - February 27, 2023
- Artizan Coffee Review for 2023: Is It Worth It? - February 12, 2023