Have you heard of a nice coffee pun? Everyone loves a good pun. Even people who groan at them secretly think that they’re funny.
Wordplay is a fun form of humor that anyone can join in with, and it can even be fun while learning a new language. If you’re a coffee-lover, you never know when it could come in handy to be armed with a ton of coffee puns.
You could make someone smile on a dull day, get the attention of someone you like, or just have a funny message to write on a birthday card.
There are all kinds of fun and funny coffee puns that you can use in your everyday life. If you want to make sure you always have a silly coffee pun to cheer someone up with, check out our long list of puns that you can pull out whenever you need them.
- Coffee Puns About Love and Romance
- Coffee Puns on Emotions and Expressions
- Coffee Puns About Music
- TV Show and Movie Coffee Puns
- Literary Coffee Puns
- Historical Coffee Puns
- Jokes About Drinking Coffee
- Coffee Pun Names
Coffee Puns About Love and Romance
You won’t be disappointed if you’re looking for coffee puns that are perfect for flirting. There are so many puns relating to love and romance you won’t ever run out of ones to use.
Whether you’re flirting with someone you’re getting to know or you want to make your partner smile, take a look at these coffee puns.
- You’re brew-ti-ful.
- Words cannot espresso how much you bean to me.
- You’re steaming hot!
- Sending you a whole latte love.
- It’s hard to espresso my feelings for you.
- We’re the perfect blend.
- Where have you bean all my life?
- I like you a latte.
- I’ve bean thinking of you a Latte.
- We are cool beans.
- Where you bean all my life?
- What did the coffee say to its date? Hey there, hot stuff!
- What did the two coffee enthusiasts say when they got married? We’re meant to bean together!
- What do beans say to their Valentines? You keep me grounded.
Coffee Puns on Emotions and Expressions
Puns are also an amazing way to express yourself. Whether you’re trying to be funny or cute or just connect with someone, you can use a pun to show your sense of humor.
Even when a pun isn’t that funny, the fun is in groaning at it together!
- Thanks a latte for me being my friend
- You mocha me very happy.
- You warm my heart.
- Bottomless thanks!
- I can’t fully espresso my excitement!
- What do you call a sad cup of coffee? A depresso.
- Italians are so good at making coffee because they naturally like to espresso themselves.
- Avoid discussing coffee in a sensitive company. It can make for a heated and strong debate.
- How did the coffee show its love? It said, “Words cannot espresso how much you bean to me!”
- I made a pot of coffee, espresso-ly for you.
Coffee Puns About Music
Music is a gold mine when you’re looking for puns. You can find lots of fun ways to make jokes about music, from misheard lyrics to song titles.
Related: 75 Funny Coffee Memes
Coffee lovers can find plenty of coffee puns about their favorite musicians and songs, whether you like classic rock or something more modern. Here are some fun puns that bring music and coffee together.
- What’s a coffee’s favorite karaoke song? Hit Me With your Best Shot!
- What’s its favorite Bob Marley song? Don’t Worry, Be Frappé.
- What’s the best Beatles’ song to play at a coffee shop? Latte Be!
- What do coffee and Eric Clapton have in common? Both are no good without cream!
- “Excuse me while I kiss the chai.” – This Jimi Hendrix song is often misheard as “excuse me while I kiss this guy” – but what if it was about coffee instead?
- “Wake me up before you cocoa!”
Take a look at these punny band names too!
- The Smashing Pumpkin Spice Lattes
- Rage Against the Espresso Machine
- The Red Hot Coffee Peppers
- Fleetwood Macchiato
TV Show and Movie Coffee Puns
If you prefer watching TV or movies to music, these puns from the big and small screen might be up your alley.
- The X-Filters
- Pretty Little Lattes
- Twin Perks
- Coffee, the Vampire Slayer
- That Thing You Brew!
- The Polar Espresso
- He’s Just Not That Into Brew
Literary Coffee Puns
There are also these funny coffee puns based on classic books.
- For Whom the Bean Tolls
- David Coffeefield
- The Count of Macchiato
- The Lord of the Beans
- The Brothers Caramel Mocha
Historical Coffee Puns
Even history can offer inspiration for coffee puns. If you’re a history lover, here are a couple of historical puns to get you giggling.
- How did Henry VIII like his coffee? Decap.
- How does Moses make coffee? He-brews it.
Jokes About Drinking Coffee
You can find many jokes about drinking coffee, making coffee, and generally being passionate about coffee. Simple question-and-answer jokes are often the best – everyone understands them, and even children can tell them (most of the time).
Here are some of the top coffee jokes involving puns for you to enjoy.
- What’s a barista’s favorite morning mantra? Rise and grind!
- What did the coffees say before their night out? Let’s stir up some trouble!
- What do baristas say to their least-favorite customers? You mocha me crazy!
- What’s a barista’s favorite exercise at the gym? The French press.
- Why was the coffee-shop worker fired? He kept showing up in a Tea-shirt.
- Why did the coffee call the police? Because it was mugged.
- Why did the coffee bean keep checking his watch? Because he was pressed for time.
- What do you call it when you walk into a coffee shop and feel like you’ve been there before? Déja-brew.
- What did the coffee say about its late assignment? Better latte than never!
- How did the hipster burn his tongue? He drank his coffee before it was cool.
- What do you do when your partner drinks your coffee? I don’t know, but that’s certainly grounds for divorce!
- What’s a coffee’s favorite spell? Espresso Patronum!
- What happened when one friend forgot to brew her pal a coffee? Their friendship came to a bitter end.
- Why was the java bean so worried? Because it said it had a latte problems at home.
- What’s the opposite of coffee? Sneezy.
- What did the new Starbucks employee say after her first month? Working at Starbucks has lots of perks.
- How do you make beef jerky? Give it a cup of joe.
- What did the Starbuck employee say when the police called and said a robber was at large? You mean, “At Venti?”
- Where do birds go for a cup of joe? To the NESTcafe.
- How do cups greet each other? With mugs and kisses.
- What kind of coffee likes to race? Instant from an espresso machine.
- Why don’t snakes drink java? Because it makes them viperactive.
- What do gossiping pots do? Spill the beans.
- How are beans like kids? They’re always getting grounded.
- How does an IT guy drink coffee? He installs Java.
- Why was the latte so upset? Because a customer told the barista it was bitter.
- What do you call a hard-working coffee pot? A grinder.
- What do you call a cow who’s just given birth? De-calf-inated.
- What’s it called when you steal someone’s joe? Mugging.
- Why did the kangaroo stop drinking his cup of coffee? It made him too jumpy.
- Why did it take the bean so long to do its homework? Because it was procaffeinating.
- Why do coffee and mugs go together so well? Because they are a perfect blend for your morning coffee.
- What is a bean’s favorite thing to eat on Thanksgiving? Roast.
- What did the barista say to the sad coffee mug? Don’t worry, be frappe.
- What does a coffee bean’s Valentine’s Day card say? Sending you a whole latte love.
- What do you call a couple of coffee bullies? Mean beans.
- What do you call two coffee mugs sitting next together? A happy cup-ple.
- Why was everyone getting sick at the coffee shop? Because there was a lot of coffeeing going on.
- Why did the two pots get in trouble at school? Because they were brewing up trouble.
- What did the barista say to the overly excited coffee beans? Kettle down everyone.
- Why didn’t the espresso ever talk to the herbal drinks? Because it said they weren’t his cup of tea.
- Why did the coffeeshop close for the day? Because a storm was brewing.
- What did the girl say when her coffee arrived at her table cold? Cool beans!
- What’s Fat, Slimy, and Drinks a lot of Coffee? Java the Hut.
Other types of coffee jokes are fun, too – they don’t have to be in a question-and-answer format to be funny or clever!
- She drank so much coffee at work, she considered it part of her daily grind.
- I do some of my best thinking about coffee. I tend to have a latte on my mind.
- The worst type of criminal is he who mugs other people’s coffee.
- The man next to her on the train spilled coffee all over her shirt. She responded by showing him dis-stain.
- She was a little hesitant to try the new caramel flavor, but she decided to give it a shot.
- She’ll get her daily cup of coffee through whatever beans necessary.
- The hipster burned his tongue. He sipped his coffee before it was cool.
- You spilled your entire cup of coffee? What’s Sumatra with you?
- “This coffee tastes like mud!” exclaims a customer in a coffee shop. “Not my fault”, explained the server, “it was ground a few minutes ago.”
- I didn’t choose the mug life, the mug life chose me.
- A bad cup of coffee can be considered grounds for divorce.
- Does the coffee shop have grounds to be operating in the black?
- I was reading a book about the origin of cappuccino but it was all froth and no substance.
Coffee Pun Names
Even famous names can be fun to play with if you love a good coffee pun. Check out these silly options.
- Al Cappuccino
- Ariana Grande
- Bean Affleck
- Brew Carey
- Brew Brees
- Chris-bean-a Aguilera
- Java the hut
- Lady Java
- Michael Muglas
- Paul Brewman
- Scarlett Cup of Johanssen
- Shawn Blend-es
Take these coffee puns to get you through the day, and you’re sure to make other people smile and laugh with them too. You can keep a few in your back pocket, ready to use them to impress or cheer someone up.
A silly pun can brighten anyone’s day, especially when it’s all about something that everyone loves, like coffee.
If there’s one coffee pun that any coffee lover should know, it’s this one: When I am asked, ‘How do you take your coffee?’ I reply, ‘Seriously, very, very seriously!’