Cowboy coffee is a legendary drink invented by cowboys on the trail. It’s brewed by boiling water and mixing it with coffee grounds.
This brewing method is ideal for those who are camping or enjoying a fireside conversation. And, it can produce a nice, hot, and strong cup of coffee for you.
Here is how you can brew a cup of authentic coffee drink without being a cowboy.
You can make coffee like this with any type of heat source, a pot of any type, water, and ground coffee. Then, follow these steps to help you make coffee.
- Fill a pan with about one and a half times the coffee you plan to drink. Some of that water will burn off as it cooks.
- Heat cold water over medium heat.
- Wait for water to boil, add the coffee. A good place to start is with two tablespoons of grounds to every six ounces of water.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and put a lid on it. It’s important to wait about 5 minutes to let the coffee grounds steep into the water.
- Take the lid off. You will notice the grounds are on the bottom of the pan.
- Gently pour the coffee into a cup. You can use a ladle or a filter.
This simple method works just fine for a basic cup of coffee. Refine how much coffee you use to get the strength you desire.